Learn the required skills for providing first aid on the event of an emergency and get accredited.
This 3-hour course covers skills and knowledge required to provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) to Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines. Updating your certification in HLTAID001, the most current nationally-accredited unit of first aid competency.
Provide First Aid Update
About This Course
First aiders should attend training on a regular basis to refresh their first aid knowledge and skills and to confirm their competence to provide first aid. Refresher training in CPR should be undertaken annually and first aid qualifications should be renewed every three years.
Students must have current First Aid Certificate, if not, please enrol in Full Provide First Aid Course.
First aiders may also need to undertake additional first aid training to respond to specific situations at their workplace. For example, where workers have severe allergies, first aiders should be trained to respond to anaphylaxis if this topic has not been covered in previous first aid training.
How much will it cost me?
Fee for Service
Courses from $85.
This course cost is fully inclusive of everything you need to complete the course. There are no additional incidental fees.
This 3 hour course will provide you with the requisite skills to keep your CPR knowledge up-to-date.
How to properly asses an Emergency Situation
DRSABCD in line with ARC guidelines, including:
- Performed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor.
- Performed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface.
- Responded appropriately in the event of regurgitation or vomiting.
- Managed the unconscious breathing casualty.
- Followed single rescue procedure, including the demonstration of a rotation of operators with minimal interruptions to compressions
- Followed the prompts of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Responded to at least two simulated first aid scenarios contextualised to the candidates workplace/community setting, including:
- Conducted a visual and verbal assessment of the casualty;
- Demonstrated safe manual handling techniques;
- Post-incident debrief and evaluation;
- Provided an accurate verbal or written report of the incident.
- CPR techniques on adults and infants
- Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Assessing and moving injured casualties
- Legal responsibilities of a first aider
Basic anatomy and physiology and much, much more!
This 3-hour course is generally delivered at our City Campus, 31 Franklin St, Adelaide.
During First Aid training participants will be required to work at a range of height levels. Participants will also be required to kneel for a minimum of two (2) minutes for Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) assessment and to roll onto your back, side and/or stomach. Please wear appropriate clothing for practical skills assessment at ground level.
- Study on Campus