Gain and develop your knowledge in Manual Handling techniques, as well as best practices.
This practical-based training focuses on people who have manual handling as part of their employment in Community Services. You will have access to full working hoists, hospital beds, slide sheets as well as all the necessary equipment for you to learn with and practice on whilst being supported by your trainer/ assessor. Learn how to protect yourself and your clients from injury. BONUS: Enable College covers additional skills to give you the skills and knowledge for the accredited unit (HLTWHS005) – Conduct Manual Tasks Safely.
(HLTWHS005) - Conduct Manual Tasks Safely
About this course
IN YOUR JOB, ARE YOU:
- Working with people, animals or things?
- Lifting, lowering, pushing or pulling?
- Moving, holding or restraining?
- Needing techniques that reduce the possibility of injury?
Our manual handling training course is designed to train participants in how to carry out their work safely to remove the risk of injuries. The course teaches participants how to lift and move materials manually and/or use basic manual handling equipment in a safe manner. It also will teach you how to move and assist clients safely whilst working with them.The training takes participants through both the theory of why we need to follow safe manual handling techniques and the application of demonstrating and practising safe lifting techniques.
- Definition of manual handling
- Guidelines for safe manual handling
- Risk management Basic anatomy
- Biomechanics applied to manual handling
- Normal movement patterns
- Equipment use
- Slide sheet use
- Lifter use
- Practical assessment
How much will it cost me?
Fee for Service
This course cost is fully inclusive of everything you need to complete the course.
Additional incidental fees may include $150 rebooking/non-attendance fee.
This 1-Day course will provide you with all the skills you require for competency in Manual Handling. A ‘Certificate of Competency’ will be issued to everyone who successfully completes the practical assessments.
This 1-day course will cover the following units and topics:
HLTWHS005 – Conduct Manual Tasks Safely
- Identify manual tasks involving risk
- Prepare for manual tasks
- Complete manual tasks
- Contribute to safe work practices
- Demonstrate appropriate posture and handling techniques
- Follow legally compliant work place procedures to prepare for and complete at least 3 different manual tasks relevant to the work role.
- Contribute to a consultation process about improving manual handling safety
WHS Principles & Manual Handling Practices
- Work within the regulations relating to manual handling
- Demonstrate a hazard management approach to manual handling
- Protect their body during manual handling tasks
- Use safe manual handling procedures
- Has demonstrated transfers and positioning people
- Reporting procedures
This class is delivered through our blended learning model you will receive course materials to work through at your own pace as well as attend a 1 day practical training seminar on our campus at (31 Franklin Street, Adelaide). As part of this course, you will have the opportunity to experience real life situations.
- Study on Campus
- Study Online