Learn the required skills for providing first aid on the event of an emergency and get accredited.
This is the current government-approved course is the generalist first aid course that employers in Australia require. Our course requires an online pre-assessment before attendance of the practical simulation class.
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
About This Course
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty. The unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings. Specific licensing /regulatory requirements relating to this competency, including requirements for refresher training should be obtained from the relevant national/state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authorities.
This course is delivered through an online pre-assessment and a one-day practical class simulating the real-life working environment where these skills and knowledge would be performed, with all the relevant equipment and resources of that working environment.
How much will it cost me?
Fee for Service
A $75.00 re-enrolment fee applies for students who do not complete within the completion time.
- Must be over the age of 18 years at the time of course induction with the exception of TGS students
- Must be able to participate in practical demonstration at location of training.
- Ability to gain a clean police clearance
- Must be able to source and undertake work placement
- Complete all enrolment processes as per the Enable College enrolment policy and procedure
Fee for Service Students
- Meet LLN requirements by completing Enable College LLN test
- Complete a Verbal Assessment (see Verbal Assessment Policy and Procedure – FFS)
Eligible Work Ready Students (as part of Work Ready subsidised qualification)
- Complete CSPA assessment and the Work Ready Upfront Assessment of Need process
- Attend suitability interview – see Enable College Suitability and Support Needs Checklist and Verbal Assessment Policy and Procedure ( Work Ready)
- Must reside in Metropolitan Adelaide
- Students must have access to a computer, email, and internet
This unit of competency does require a level of physical ability to meet the evidence requirements for assessment. Students must have the physical ability to kneel and perform CPR on the floor uninterrupted for at least two minutes on adult manakin.
Pathways in First Aid
This unit can lead to gaining,
- HLTAID005 Provide first aid in a remote situation, HLTAID006 Provide advanced first aid,
- HLTAID008 Manage first aid services and facilities and HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation techniques
Course Elements Overview
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Apply appropriate first aid procedures
- Communicate details of the incident
- Evaluate the incident and own performance
Recognition of prior learning
RPL fees are $200.00
This is a combination of face to face and online pre-course reading and practical and knowledge assessments.
- The face to face component will be started and completed in one session. The pre-course reading and online pre-course assessment can be completed in the student’s own time but needs to be completed prior to the face to face component. It is anticipated this will take approx. 10 hours however this will depend on the student’s experience and familiarity with the content. The unit involves theoretical and practical components which are witnessed and assessed by an assessor. Due to the content and nature of the unit it will involve numerous physical activities candidates will be required to undertake.
- Study on Campus